The preparing Stage is where we encounter many of our clients. A typical client wants to invest in rental property or might have 1 or 2 properties. They aren’t sure where to begin, how to get started. This is where we can assist. We will walk through your goals and where you are in your life and help you determine multiple routes to your dreams ideally honing in on 1 or 2 to keep you focused.
We call the Preparing Stage the “Freedom Stage” because it is where you have drive, have dreams, have energy – to make a change in your life. The Preparing Stage will set the foundation and be the rock that you lean on when the other stages are challenging.
Depending on where you are in your life, where you are financially, and where you want to go we will tailor our education and recommendations to meet your needs.
For example, we have worked with clients that have a large amount of debt, school loans, a growing family and just aren’t sure where to start. The polar opposite is the single client who is making 6 $ figures in a tech job who we have also helped. Both had similar goals yet both had to approach it differently given their circumstances. What works for one doesn’t always work for another and thus adapting and customizing to your needs is paramount. We listen. We ask those challenging questions so we can get to the heart of your dreams. From there the action steps unfold.
We can help in many areas, these are just a few:
- What debt to pay off first
- Building Your Credit
- Should you pay off your mortgage
- How to come up with a down payment
- Steps to buying the first house and/or rental
- Sifting through the mounds of educational resources
- Helping define action steps
- Pros and cons of paying all cash or taking out a mortgage
- Dealing with Naysayers – spouse/family/friends aren’t supportive
- Dealing with an inherited property
- Where to invest – location is key
- Balancing between various asset classes